A.M.P Rose started out as a supplier of rebuilt packaging machines for the confectionery industry in 1978. At that stage the company employed 4 engineers in a relatively small engineering factory.
The ‘Rose’ name has been synonymous with the packaging industry since 1881, when William Rose formed Rose Brothers in Gainsborough. The very first machine that was built by William Rose was a tobacco wrapping machine, the first commodity to be mechanically wrapped for sale. He then took this knowledge to the confectionery, bakery, and tea industries.
A.M-Packaging Ltd began as a supplier of rebuilt candy wrapping machines in 1978. At that stage the company employed 4 engineers in a small engineering factory. The founder Mr Alan Mann had learned his trade as a Rose technician from the age of 16.
The business expanded to such an extent that in 1990 A.M-Packaging was able to purchase the Rose and Forgrove confectionery businesses and at that time re-named itself ‘A.M.P Rose’. You can find out more about Rose Forgrove and Rose Brothers here.
Since its humble beginnings the company has developed into one of the world’s leading suppliers of machines to the chocolate, confectionery and snack industries. 80% of our products are being exported to more than 80 countries world-wide. We supply new as well as used and rebuilt machinery.
The Company currently employs over 150 people in two well-equipped, modern facilities, a new purpose built 100,000 sq/ft factory in Gainsborough, England that the company moved into in January 2016, and a factory in Bangalore, India that was opened in 1995.
We provide local support by our network of Agents, so Clients can be assured of a prompt and high quality service wherever they are in the world.